Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Big Finish

Today is the final day for the Color Challenge issued by Natalie of Cinderberry Stitches. Red is her color of choice today. I have shown you many of my reds. Just page back to blue day and you will see that they go together so well that I have combined them in many of my quilts. Here's the first quilt I ever made. It was, in fact, the project from my first ever quilt class. It hangs in my studio.

You can probably tell from my banner that I love '30's reproductions. I think I have mentioned it a time of two (gross understatement). Here are a few of them from my stash.
Ain't they pretty? (Shh, don't tell my sweet kid #3 that I said ain't. She's planning on being a high school english teacher and she just cringes when I say ain't.) It's because of this....
This sign hangs in our kitchen. But let me show you what's red and hangs in our entry hall.


















My husband is an artist(a hobby right now). He's really good if I do say so myself. And you know I am not the least bit biased!! He has done a series of seasonal old barns. This one obviously is fall. It is my favorite of the barns. This barn sits just a little south of the small town we used to live in. If you would like to see more of his art you can check out his website here.

Here are a few more shots from around the house with red, of course.













































Well, if you have stuck it out to the end, thanks. This has been fun.
Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Lurline said...

Donna,
Red is a lovely colour in little smatters - great accent and your reds look great.
I did see it through to the end and admire your husband's artwork - it is great he has such a beaut pastime and lucky he has that flair!
You can say "ain't' - but just in fun! Best wishes - Lurline.

Lurline said...

Donna,
I have just visited Bill's site - what a great artist! I can see it is not just a pastime - he is a VERY talented man.
Again best wishes to you both - Lurline.

Judy said...

Lovely post. I love red. I'm thinking of doing some embroidery redwork but probably not until next winter when the cold snowy days begin. Thank you for coming to my new blog. My kitties are indoor kitties too but since I live in a condo I have the balcony for them to play and room for their garden. I hope you visit again soon.

Julia said...

Donna,
Your husband is very talented.
His art work is just beautiful.
Please pass on my admiration for his work.
Julia

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, You're a lucky 'cute as a button' pattern winner but I don't have your email to tell you personally....hope you don't mind me contacting you through your blog! Can you contact me through my blog www.willowberrydesigns.typepad.com to let me know your address details? thanks so much
cheryl