Friday, January 2, 2009

One Last Christmas Gift

This is the last of my Christmas projects/gifts. Our middle son attends the University of Illinois so when I discovered this kit at Quiltmakers in Fishers, IN while searching for quilt stores around the Indianapolis area I knew it would have to be one of his Christmas presents. It was so easy to put together. I bought the kit instead of just the pattern and they had done all the hard work already by arranging all those blues by color values. Some of them are so close it would have been difficult.

While in Houston, I had my friend use her snazzy Brother Innovis 1100 to embroidery the school name on the bottom border piece(the closeup picture).

I hand quilted lines radiating out from the blue dot representing Champaign and outlining the borders.














Our trip to Toledo Wednesday was alot of fun. The place where hubby was being fitted for his new driver happened to be right next door to a Target. I love Target and we don't have one anywhere near us here. So, the time just flew by!! I also discovered a really nice quilt store called Sonflower Quilts and Gifts in Sylvania(a small suburb in the nw part of Toledo). The owners were so very nice and they had a great selection of fabrics, notions, books, patterns and block of the month programs. I think a return trip is in order for me(without hubby so I can really scour the place)!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Happy Quilting and Happy New Year!!

No comments: