Friday, May 2, 2008

UFO Sighting

Actually, this is no longer a UFO. Wednesday afternoon I was looking over my list of UFO's and noticed that I had not finished anything in April. I remembered that this table square made from a Winter Rose charm pack kit (I've had it so long I don't even remember where I bought it from - sad, huh?) only needed the binding finished off. Another sad point, the binding was sewn on just not turned and finished. So, I quickly pulled it out and finished it off while watching the Idol Results show. I am determined to finish at least one project every month this year. So far - so good!!




Here is a close up of the quilting. I machine pieced the top along with the rough-edged stars(that's how the pattern called for them) but I hand quilted the rest of the top with a stencil made from the star pattern. It was a quick project and I've no excuse for not finishing it years ago.
Well, it's done now!! I love these colors. They have become our new decorating color scheme. This is a real switch for me since I have been stuck on Americana for quite a long time.



This last picture is how it looks sitting on our breakfast room table. The arrangement was from our going away party last year at our church back in Illinois. It was made by some very special friends so it holds a prominent place here in our house.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Quilting!

Donna

No comments: