Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall

Since today is officially the first day of Autumn, I thought I would share a couple of quilted items I use to decorate for Fall. First is a table runner I finished up right after the first of the year.

You might notice that it's too large for the table. Well, when I bought the pattern back in 2005 we lived in a different house and used a much larger dining room table. That table has become my sewing table for the time being so the corners will just have to "drape" off the table.

This was the 2002/03 (I can't remember which year) Thimbleberries Club Fall Quilt. Back then the club offered a different quilt for each season. I made this quilt back then but never quilted it until just this summer. This next picture is a close-up of some of the hand quilting.

We had a great time in Florida. I'll share photos from the trip tomorrow. And yes, there are several from the quilt store we visited. Just let me wet your appetite by saying that the store is a whopping 10,000 sq. ft.. I was in heaven!!!

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Quilting!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the Thimbleberries pieces--- classics...

~Kristie said...

LOVE the quilts! I didn't order the kits during Club 2003 and regretted it later. Fortunately, I found this quilt on eBay later - already completed ;)