Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Making Gifts

We leave for Uganda in 12 days. We are so excited we can hardly function. It's a good thing we have about finished up all of our preparations!

One of the things we know we will be doing while there is making home visits on behalf of the TAPP centers in Kampala. TAPP stands for Tumaimi (Ugandan for hope) AIDs Prevention Program. These centers reach out to those who are suffering with the HIV/Aids Virus. We will be taking toiletry items along with us as gifts for these home visits. These items were placed in gallon size ziploc bags last time the group from our church went. So, being a quilter, I decided to use up some of my stash to make tote bags to gift the items in. Also, in my stash are several panels from Block Party Studios that contain scriptures and phrases of scriptures from Psalms called Comfort of Psalms. I sewed one of these saying on the front of each tote bag.

I am pleased with the way they turned out(not the photography though) and am excited to use these items to share my love with these women.

We are so blessed here in the US. We take so much for granted. This little project is nothing and will do nothing physically to change these women's lives. I can only hope it will be a reminder after we leave that they are loved by a God who connects us all through the love of Jesus Christ.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lurline said...

How long will you be in Uganda, Donna? God bless you for your thoughts and work for the people there!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Thimbleanna said...

I'm so excited for you -- I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Brenda said...

How wonderful! That is what my Prince would definitely call, "An Adventure of a Lifetime!" Safe travels, I'll be saying a little prayer for your safe return, B=)