Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October

I am so excited about October.  Not only is it probably my favorite month of the year due to all the beautiful changes God brings to pass with the onset of autumn but this October is going to be a month of travel for me.  As I have mentioned before, I LOVE to travel.  The excitement of making a list of all I will need for the upcoming trip and preparing everything then actually getting in the car to drive, drive, drive or even driving to the airport and hopping on a plane is almost as exciting as the trip itself.  ALMOST.  For the past couple of months I have been planning four, yes you heard me right, FOUR trips, three of which will take place this month.

I have, in fact, just returned from a long weekend trip to Spokane, WA to visit our baby girl who is attending Moody Bible Institute there.  It was my first trip to the state of Washington.  What I saw of it was really great.  We had beautiful weather all but one day and even then it wasn't that bad.  I was able to spend lots of time catching up with our sweet girl and also meeting and getting to know her house mates and other friends.  I was able to tour her school(and attend Friday chapel), which is really just a church that shares it's space with the college since there are less than 500 total students at this campus.  Many of the students are aviation students who meet for many of their classes at another location called "The Hanger".  I didn't see that facility.  The photo below is the church/school as seen from her front yard.  I love that she can walk to school!!!

Spokane has a really amazing downtown area.  The river runs right through the middle of town with the falls providing much of their energy.  The park downtown is great with so many different areas to explore.  The photos below are of Hannah with the Clock Tower in the background(and, yes, she did "steal" the flower from one of the many beautiful planters downtown); the falls, the wagon, and the runners sculptures.  I didn't make it over by the wagon and was really disappointed but we passed it several times in the car on our way to the parking area for the park.



What a great, great time I had!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Oh, you want to know about the other THREE trips I am planning.   Well, you will just have to come back by later.  This post is long enough.  HeHeHe!!

Donna

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, you lucky girl! I love to travel too. And now I want to go to Spokane -- I WANT that wagon LOL!

tullock said...

So good to hear from you!! Hope you enjoy this "season of travel".

Love you ...