Thursday, September 25, 2008

One Last Tale of Florida

This was my take-along project for our trip to Florida (sorry for the bad photo). You know when you fly these days you have to get to the airport and through security long before the flight begins to board. Then, of course, is all that time seat belted into your seat on the plane. I spent an afternoon before we left cutting out fabric hexagons to work on using the Quilt-Pati's I bought at NQA and got started on the grandmother's flower garden quilt I have always wanted. It will take me awhile to get it done but I'm loving it already. The fabric I bought in Jacksonville will also find it's way into the quilt.

One humorous note, on the trip home we were settling into our seats and as we were taxiing (is that really right, spell check didn't buzz me) down the runway I dropped my spool of thread. Since we were in takeoff mode I couldn't jump out of my seat to retrieve it. So just imagine my horror (and especially my sweet hubby's) when as we ascended into the wild blue yonder my spool of white thread went rolling all the way down the aisle to the back of the plane. I could have died. I'm sure I was quite red faced. When the flight attendant approached my seat she said, "I'm guessing this is yours?". If I hadn't been laughing so hard I could have said, "You think?". I just said thank you and tried to hide under my seat for the duration of the flight. Luckily it was the short leg from Jacksonville to Charlotte, NC. The rest of the trip home was without incident.

Enough vacation stories. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Quilting!!

No comments: