Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Quilt Store in Jacksonville

While in Jacksonville we visited the Olde Green Cupboard Quilt Store. If you are in the area and have not been there, shame on you. It is an amazing store with the friendliest staff. They have over 10,000 sq. feet of gifts, home decor, fabrics, patterns, wool, stitcheries, just about anything a quilter could want. I could have spent hours there but had everyone with me and believe me, they were not near as impressed as I was. I could have also spent a fortune there but didn't.

This was a little room all set up with '30's repro fabrics. This is where my money went.
I only bought 12 fat quarters and the purse pattern below. I was really proud of myself. I bought so much at the NQA show in June that I really didn't need to get anything else until I finish some of those projects. Right? Isn't that how it works? HA!!!

I just love this one.
As I mentioned, I could have been there all day. These pictures don't even begin to give you a feel for how big this place is. I didn't even photograph the front quarter of the store where the gifts and decorations were or the classrooms in the back. I have never seen such big classrooms. I guess it's a good thing I don't live in Jacksonville or we would be so very broke!!

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm taking my first quilting class at the Olde Green Cupboard. The store is fantastic and everyone has been so very nice! Glad you enjoyed it too!